The Arran Access Trust manages the Arran Coastal Way and Arran Geopark - an Aspiring UNESCO Global Geop
Since inception in 1999, the Arran Access Trust has evolved from a community group set up primarily to resolve issues between landowners and walkers to the leading access organisation on Arran taking a strategic approach to the management of access provision throughout the island.
The aims of the Arran Access Trust are:
* to provide for, maintain and improve access opportunities on Arran
* to ensure that access meets the needs of the community, both for recreation and as a basis for tourism
* to ensure that access does not interfere with the work of those who farm and manage the land
* to enable visitors and residents to enjoy access on Arran
* to avoid damage to the environment Access is very important to Arran both for those who live on the island and as a key part of the island's tourism industry.
Much more can be done to make sure that access on the island works well for visitors, residents, and the farmers and owners who manage the land. Interested in volunteering?
We're always looking for keen people to get involved - so get in touch!